In this guide
2. How to write a nomination
The most important thing is to provide evidence of what they’ve done, the outcome of their work, and how they’ve made things better for others.
When nominating someone for an honour, it’s important to remember to show how your candidate has:
- contributed in a distinctive way to improving the lot of those less able to help themselves
- devoted themselves to sustained and selfless voluntary service
- shown innovation or creativity in delivering lasting results
A good nomination or citation should also describe the difference their contribution has made.
Try to answer:
- how were things before they began?
- how are they now?
- what makes your candidate different from others doing the same thing?
For more information email the Welsh Government Honours Team at HonoursPN@gov.wales.