Data on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for July to September 2019.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2019, 386 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan.
- This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy-Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 9,592.
- Over the quarter, total value of these equity loans was £16.1 million. The value of properties purchased totalled £81.3 million.
- At 30 September 2019 there were 715 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean property purchase price using the scheme during this quarter was £210,668, with a mean equity loan value of £41,698.
- Between 1 July and 30 September 2019 there were 38 completed purchases of leasehold properties (all leasehold properties were flats).
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 061 5675
Tel: 0300 025 8099