Data which includes information on the number of homes purchased and the value of the loans received under the scheme for April to June 2019.
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2019, 477 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government shared equity loan. This brings the total number of purchases under Help to Buy - Wales since its introduction on 2 January 2014 to 9,208.
- Over the quarter, the total value of these equity loans was £19.8 million. The value of the properties purchased totalled £99.8 million.
- At 30 June 2019 there were 733 applications for loans still outstanding.
- The mean purchase price of a property bought using the scheme during the quarter was £209,271, with a mean equity loan value of £41,437.
- Between 1 April and 30 June 2019 there were 42 completed purchases of leasehold properties. All of the leasehold properties were flats.
- The majority of homes purchased through the scheme to date have been to first time buyers, accounting for 76% of all completed purchases.
The information is collected on behalf of the Welsh Government by Help to Buy Wales Ltd. Information at a local authority level is published on StatsWales.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099