This scheme provides grants to fund (or part-fund) the installation costs of new broadband connections for homes and businesses in Wales. It does not include monthly rental costs.
New connections through this scheme must deliver a step change in speed - with at least double your current download speeds eg a current connection of 10Mbps must improve to at least 20Mbps.
The amount of funding you can receive depends on the speed of the new connection:
- £400 for 10Mbps and above
- £800 for 30Mbps and above
If you are part of a community, support may be available from the UK Government to connect to gigabit capable broadband.
Applying for the grant
- Check eligibility – details can be found in the ‘Eligibility criteria and scheme conditions’ in the document downloads.
- Carefully consider what speed connection your home or business requires today and over the next 12 months.
- Choose an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Complete the application form found in the document downloads. You can fill in the form electronically and return it by email.
- Send your application for approval along with a quote from your chosen ISP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If approved, you will receive an offer letter. You can then contact your chosen ISP to install your superfast broadband equipment. Once installed and the new speeds have been confirmed funding can be released on your behalf.
- If you have any questions email us at email@example.com.