Skip to main content

We can help you if you need extra support with taxes we manage at the Welsh Revenue Authority, such as Land Transaction Tax.

First published:
8 February 2021
Last updated:

For simple queries, you can contact us.

You should also contact us if you:

  • are struggling to pay tax on time
  • disagree with a tax decision
  • need extra help to access our services, for example because of a disability

For complex queries, we may ask you to complete our online contact form. If you find this difficult, let us know when you call. We’ll find another way to help you.

Help to fill in forms

We can help you with filling in our forms if you find this difficult. Contact us and tell us what help you need to complete a form.

Information in a different format

Our helpdesk can help if you need something in a different format, like a form or our guidance. Contact us if you need a different format, such as large print.

Difficulty filing or paying on time

If you’re unable to file or pay your tax to us on time because of your circumstances, tell us as soon as possible, and before the return or payment of tax is due.

We might be able to consider more time to pay in exceptional circumstances, for example where you may be, or could experience significant financial hardship.

Tell us what help you need with tax.

Get help from family or friends

You can give permission to a friend or family member (a ‘trusted helper’) to deal with us on your behalf for things like:

  • talking to us
  • helping you to fill in forms

You can also get help with tax from Citizens Advice.

Businesses can also get information and advice from Business Wales.