From 1st July 2016 the GBER requires that the details of any provision of support of €500,000 or over must be reported to the European Commission.
From 1st July 2016 the general block exemption regulation requires that the details of any individual provision of support with a value of €500,000 or over must be reported to the European Commission (EC) using its online reporting system. The EC will publish this on a publicly available database.
The State Aid Unit will co-ordinate the process but will expect those providing support to notify us when an award of €500,000 or over has been made, within one month of the support being provided.
What we’ll need to know
To get the correct conversion rate, make sure you enter the date of award into the calculator.
- The name of the organisation receiving support.
- The organisation’s identifier - this should be their EU VAT number. If the recipient does not have one, then add their company, charity or academic registration number. If none of these are available, contact the State Aid Unit to confirm an appropriate identifier.
- The size of the organisation – i.e. small, medium or large.
- The region in which the organisation is located (NUTS 2 level)
UKL1 West Wales and The Valleys includes:
- Isle of Anglesey (UKL11)
- Gwynedd (UKL12)
- Conwy and Denbighshire (UKL13)
- South West Wales (UKL14)
- Central Valleys (UKL15)
- Gwent Valleys (UKL16)
- Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot (UKL17)
- Swansea (UKL18)
UKL2 East Wales includes:
- Monmouthshire and Newport (UKL21)
- Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan (UKL22)
- Flintshire and Wrexham (UKL23)
- Powys (UKL24)
- The organisation’s NACE code – NACE codes are for the statistical classification of economic activities in the European community
- Amount of aid (in pounds sterling) - calculate the Euro (€) value of any aid given in pounds sterling (£) on the European Commission currency converter. To get the correct conversion rate, make sure you enter the date of award into the calculator.
- Type of aid – this might be a:
- Grant or interest rate subsidy
- Repayable advances or reimbursable grant
- Tax advantage or exemption
- Risk finance
- Date of granting of aid
- Aid objective - What will it be used for? What do you hope to achieve by granting the aid?
- Granting authority
- Reference for the aid measure used