Information on enrolled learners and their activities by age, gender, mode of study, type of programme and level of study for August 2017 to July 2018.
This is not the latest release in the series: Further education, work-based learning and community learning
This report summarises data on learners in post-16 education and training excluding those at higher education institutions and schools but including further education institutions (FEIs), other work-based learning providers and community learning provision collected via the Welsh Government’s Lifelong Learning Wales Record (LLWR).
- There were 166,640 learners at FEIs, community learning or work-based learning providers during 2017/18. Due to data submission changes(1) 2017/18 data is not directly comparable with earlier years.
- 118,590 unique learners at FEIs, 44% of which were part-time.
- 12,680 unique learners in local authority community learning.
- Total work-based learner numbers increased by 15%.
(1) From 1 August 2017, information relating to learning activities not funded by the Welsh Government, and Welsh for Adults provision in further education institutions is no longer collected through the LLWR.
Further education, work-based learning and community learning, August 2017 to July 2018
file type: PDF, file size: 964 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Number of apprenticeship programmes by level and medium of delivery, August 2017 to July 2018: tables
file type: ODS, file size: 15 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 0346
Telephone: 0300 025 8099