Why you need to continue to follow the rules after you have been vaccinated.
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective and will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill from the virus.
However, like all medicines, no vaccine is 100% effective. There is still a small chance you could catch COVID-19 even if you’ve had the vaccine. It will also take a few weeks for your body to build up protection from the vaccine.
Even if you’re vaccinated, you may still be able to pass the virus on to others who have not yet been vaccinated.
It is important that you continue to follow the rules to keep yourself and others safe.
Please continue to:
- keep social contacts to a minimum
- keep social distancing
- wash your hands regularly
- wear your face covering where required
- self-isolate if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- self-isolate if you have been identified as a contact by Test, Trace, Protect
- follow the rules and regulations