Results of external examinations taken by pupils aged 15 or 17, which includes GCSE and A Levels for September 2018 to August 2019.
Pupils in Year 11
- The average Literacy point score is 39.0, the average Numeracy point score is 37.2(rr) and the average Science point score is 36.8.
- The average Skills Challenge Certificate point score is 36.4.
- The average Capped 9 points score (interim measure version) is 354.4(rr).
- Girls outperformed boys in each of these five indicators, and pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals had a lower average score than those who were not eligible.
- 53.8% of pupils achieved 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*-C including English/Welsh and Maths (Level 2 inclusive threshold).
(rr) Revised on 23 January 2020.
Pupils aged 17
- 97.9% of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved the Level 3 threshold.
- 58.4% of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved 3 or more grades A*-C.
- 13.2%(r) of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved 3 or more grades A*-A.
(r) Revised on 18 December 2019.
Following a fundamental review of the accountability system for schools in Wales, several interim performance measures have been introduced for this academic year. In addition all measures this year are calculated on the basis of a pupil’s first entry in a qualification rather than their best entry as in the past. This makes comparisons over time more difficult. Please see the release and accompanying notes for more information.
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019: revised , file type: PDF, file size: 974 KB
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019: notes , file type: PDF, file size: 324 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019: tables (revised) , file type: ODS, file size: 77 KB
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Telephone: 0300 025 8099