Results of external examinations taken by pupils in Year 11 (Key Stage 4) or pupils aged 17 for September 2018 to August 2019.
Pupils in Year 11
- The average Literacy point score is 39.0, the average Numeracy point score is 37.1 and the average Science point score is 36.8.
- The average Skills Challenge Certificate point score is 36.4
- The average Capped 9 score (interim measure version) is 353.3.
- Girls outperformed boys in each of these five indicators, and pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals had a lower average score than those who were not eligible.
- 53.8% of pupils achieved 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*-C including English/Welsh and Maths (Level 2 inclusive threshold).
Pupils aged 17
- 97.8% of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved the Level 3 threshold.
- 57.6% of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved 3 or more grades A*-C.
- 13.1% of those entering a volume equivalent to 2 A levels achieved 3 or more grades A*-A.
Following a fundamental review of the accountability system for schools in Wales, several interim performance measures have been introduced for this academic year. In addition all measures this year are calculated on the basis of a pupil’s first entry in a qualification rather than their best entry as in the past. This makes comparisons over time more difficult. Please see the release and accompanying notes for more information.
Statistics for 2018/19 were first published on 3 October 2019. Following publication, an issue was identified where some of the figures were based on the number of pupils age 15 rather than those in Year 11. This issue does not effect on the Free School Meal figures or figures for pupils age 17.
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019 (provisional): revised
file type: PDF, file size: 816 KB
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019 (provisional): notes
file type: PDF, file size: 585 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Examination results, September 2018 to August 2019 (provisional): tables (revised)
file type: ODS, file size: 31 KB
Tel: 0300 025 5060
Tel: 0300 025 8099