The programme provides a flexible range of tuition, revision, careers advice and web-based resources for students and help for teachers.
This is the latest release
The evaluation of the pilot began in September 2012, with an objective to understand the impact the FMSP had within the pilot area, and to explore how effectively it was being delivered.
The final report provides an updated analysis of data presented in the interim report, with new figures that became available in 2014.
- Since the FMSP was launched, there has been an increase in students both studying further mathematics and achieving an A level in the subject across Wales, with a greater increase in both student numbers and attainments in the pilot area compared with the rest of Wales.
- There has been much stronger increase in entries for males than females.
- There has also been an increase in the number of schools offering further mathematics in the pilot area and continued provision of further mathematics in the four further education colleges.
The report makes eleven separate recommendations, including:
- the continuation of the full breadth of support provided through the pilot, without prioritising or discontinuing any individual elements
- engaging regional consortia in promoting further mathematics
- targeting female students
- enhancing support materials for both students and teachers.
Tel: 0300 025 6812
Tel: 0300 025 8099