The report examines the evidence base regarding effectiveness of educational interventions aimed at supporting children and young people with visual impairment, in school settings.
This is the latest release
- does not identify evidence to show interventions that are able to definitively address ‘what works’
- highlights there have been few robust assessments of school based interventions in this topic area
- does identify some evidence of positive outcomes across many of the interventions.
The report identifies two implications for Wales:
- more research to produce evidence on effectiveness of interventions is required
- practitioners must design broad interventions based on the evidence and practice available and then use assessment of progress to amend interventions.
The educational practice examined here does however show the general value of many of the interventions.
A Rapid Evidence Assessment of the effectiveness of educational interventions to support children and young people with vision impairment
file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Tel: 0300 062 5485
Tel: 0300 025 8099