Dr Colette Bridgman is the Chief Dental Officer.
She leads the dental profession in Wales.
Her responsibilities include:
- improving oral health
- the quality of dental healthcare services, patient outcomes and reducing inequalities
- oral health regulation, education, training, standards and performance
- developing policy and legislation on the dental profession, dental healthcare and oral health
She qualified in Manchester in 1983 and was the dental lead consultant in Dental Public Health within Greater Manchester. She also worked within the office of the Chief Dental Officer in England.
Dr Bridgman has served as President of the Dental Public Health Specialist Society (BASCD)
Her national contribution to dentistry was recognised with an MBE in 2013.
She is currently leading a transformation programme for dentistry and oral health improvement. This contributes to a Healthier Wales, delivering sustained, whole system improvement such as:
- implementation of electronic referral management
- practices testing new ways of working
- stepping up prevention to improve oral health and dental service access and care