How to create and edit the 'key person' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
Before you create or edit content, you need to read and understand:
You should also have a version of the content ready for publication.
Use to create profiles for:
- ministers (always check with Corporate Digital Team before creating ministers)
- the organisation’s most senior official (for example the chief executive or chair)
- the organisation’s top tier of management
- senior officials with a public leadership role (for example Chief Scientific Adviser, Chief Medical Officer)
- create pages for anyone else
How to create
Creating a new key person
- Log in to GOV.WALES and LLYW.CYMRU.
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Key person.
- Complete the Name field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- Complete the Job title field.
- If the key person is a cabinet member, select the Cabinet member check box. If the key person is a minister, select the Minister check box.
- If the person is from an organisation, complete the External organisation field.
- Read the information on photos for key people. Select Choose photo to upload a photo. You should only select Photo large from the Image size menu for cabinet members or ministers.
- If you do not want the image to appear on the main key person page, untick the Show image in bio page box.
- Select Add Content and paste the key person's biography into the Content field.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- To include a link to a social media account, complete the SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS fields.
- Add a Review Date.
- Select Save and Create New Draft.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft. (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Publish the Welsh and the English and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
All key person photos need to be:
- landscape orientation
- minimum dimensions: 600px width x 400px height
The photo should be a crisp, high contrast and high quality. It should be a traditional head and shoulders portrait, of the key person only, where:
- the head and face must be fully visible, in focus, and in good light
- the person must be clearly visible against the background
- the head and shoulders must not take up more than 80% of the entire photo
The photo should:
- be posed, but not too formal
- have a simple, but natural background – not 100% white, no typography, preferably in a soft focus
- have been taken in the last 5 years
Editing an existing key person
- Find the existing key person either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the key person.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the key person.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the key person.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
Paragraphs: content section
Use the content section paragraph to break up longer pages with headings.
You must use the content paragraph for the majority of the page content.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on key person pages.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on key person pages.
Paragraphs: contact details
Follow the contact details definition to add contact information, for example a telephone number.
Paragraphs: related links
Follow the related links definition to add related links.