How to create and edit the 'detailed guide: project' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
Before you create or edit content, you need to read and understand:
You should also have a version of the content ready for publication.
- information about a specific Welsh Government project
Do not use for:
- policies or programmes, for example a programme of rail investment is not a project however defined work at a specific rail station is
How to create
Creating a new detailed guide: project
- Log in to GOV.WALES and LLYW.CYMRU.
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Detailed guide.
- Select Project from the detailed guide type field.
- Complete the Title field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- If you want to split your content into sections, select Add Content Section.
- Complete the Section title field.
- Select Add Content and paste content into the Content field.
- If you want to add more than one content section, repeat steps 7 to 9.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the users needs being met by the detailed guide: project.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the detailed guide: project is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- Select Save and Create New Draft.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft. (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Publish the Welsh and the English and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing detailed guide: project
- Find the existing detailed guide: project either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the detailed guide: project.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the detailed guide: project.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the detailed guide: project.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
Paragraphs: content section
Use the content section paragraph to break up longer pages with headings.
You must use the content paragraph for the majority of the page content.
Follow the accordion definition to add an accordion.
Paragraphs: related links
Follow the related links definition to add related links.
Paragraphs: call out message
You may only use the following call out messages on detailed guide: project:
Paragraphs: contact details
Follow the contact details definition to add contact information, for example a telephone number.
Do not use the launcher paragraph on a detailed guide: project.
Internal links (node)
Use to link to around 5 pages directly related to the users needs being met by the detailed guide: project.
Internal links (terms)
Avoid using internal links (terms). These links are to topics and usually the most relevant topic is already found by the breadcrumb.
Follow the sidebar links definition to link to content directly related to the user needs met by your content.