How to create and edit the 'announcement: speech' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
Before you create or edit content, you need to read and understand:
You should also have a version of the content ready for publication.
- public speeches by ministers or other named spokespeople and bylined articles
- speeches where you expect a high level of public interest in everything said, not just the main messages
- when it’s necessary context for understanding how a policy is progressing
Do not use for:
- publishing an oral statement as a matter of record (that’s what the Record of Proceedings is for)
- statements made to the media (use press release)
How to create
Creating a new announcement: speech
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Announcement.
- Select Speech from the Announcement Type field.
- Complete the Title field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- If there is an image, select Choose File from the Image field.
- Do not use the META IMAGES field.
- Select Add Content and paste content into the Content field.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the users needs being met by the announcement: speech.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the announcement: speech is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- Select Save and Create New Draft.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft. (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Publish the Welsh and the English and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing announcement: speech
- Find the existing announcement: speech either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the announcement: speech.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the announcement: speech.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the announcement: speech.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
You must use the content paragraph for the majority of the page content.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on announcement: speech.
Paragraphs: related links
Do not use the related links paragraph on announcement: speech.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on announcement: speech.
Paragraphs: contact details
Follow the contact details definition to add contact information, for example a telephone number.
Paragraph: inline document
Use inline document to upload a file which is only relevant in the context of the announcement: speech.
Do not use this to publish a document:
- already published on GOV.WALES, instead link to the published document
- that should be published as a separate page on GOV.WALES, for example a publication
Internal links (node)
Use to link to around 5 pages directly related to the user needs being met by the guide.
Internal links (terms)
Avoid using internal links (terms). These links are to topics and usually the most relevant topic is already found by the breadcrumb.
Follow the sidebar links definition to link to content directly related to the user needs met by your content.