How to create and edit the 'announcement: cabinet statement' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
How to create
Creating a new announcement: cabinet statement
- Log in to GOV.WALES and LLYW.CYMRU.
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Announcement.
- Select Cabinet statement from the Announcement Type field.
- Complete the Title field. Begin each title with 'Written statement:’ or ‘Oral statement:’.
- Complete the Summary field.
- If there is an image, select Choose File from the Image field.
- Do not use the META IMAGES field.
- Select Add Content and paste content into the Content field.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the users needs being met by the announcement: cabinet statement.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the announcement: cabinet statement is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- To save and edit again before publishing, select Save and Create New Draft. To save and specify when to publish in the future, set a date and time in SCHEDULING OPTIONS (expand this field which is usually to the right of the main editing fields). Then select Save and Approve to go live.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft. (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation). To save and publish on the date set in step 16, after selecting Save and Make Draft (this translation) select Save and Approve to go live (this translation).
- Ensure the Welsh and the English are in the same published state and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing announcement: cabinet statement
- Find the existing announcement: cabinet statement either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the announcement: cabinet statement.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the announcement: cabinet statement.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the announcement: cabinet statement.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
You must use the content paragraph for the majority of the page content.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on announcement: cabinet statement.
Paragraphs: related links
Do not use the related links paragraph on announcement: cabinet statement.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on announcement: cabinet statement.
Paragraphs: contact details
Follow the contact details definition to add contact information, for example a telephone number.
Paragraph: inline document
Use inline document to upload a file which is only relevant in the context of the announcement: cabinet statement.
Do not use this to publish a document:
- already published on GOV.WALES, instead link to the published document
- that should be published as a separate page on GOV.WALES, for example a publication
Internal links (node)
Use to link to around 5 pages directly related to the user needs being met by the guide.
Internal links (terms)
Avoid using internal links (terms). These links are to topics and usually the most relevant topic is already found by the breadcrumb.
Follow the sidebar links definition to link to content directly related to the user needs met by your content.