Consumer sentiment tracking survey aiming to understand confidence, intent and barriers to take overnight short breaks and holidays in the UK and Wales for waves 22 to 25.
This is the latest release in the series: COVID-19 UK Tourism Consumer Tracker Survey (Wales profile)
Upcoming trip intentions
- 15% of UK adults anticipate taking an overnight trip in the UK this spring (March to June 2021), rising to 27% this summer (July to September 2021). Wales residents are marginally less likely to anticipate a trip (14% and 24% respectively).
- The South West of England is the most popular destination for a spring and summer trip, 25% of UK intenders planning an overnight trip there in Spring, and 27% in summer. Wales is an intended destination for 9% in spring and 10% in summer.
- Nearly half of spring and summer intenders living in Wales are likely to stay in Wales for their overnight trip, around 3 in 10 planning to travel to the South West of England.
- 7% of UK adults (5% of Wales adults) in employment intend to take an overnight business trip by June 2021.
- U.K. adults who are planning an overnight business trip anticipate significantly fewer trips compared to normal between now and June 2021.
COVID-19 UK Tourism Consumer Tracker Survey (Wales profile): December 2020 to February 2021 , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 5236
Telephone: 0300 025 8099