Provision of independent counselling services for children and young people aged between 11 and 18 and pupils in Year 6 of primary school for September 2016 to August 2017.
- 11,558 children or young people received counselling services in 2016/17.
- School-based and other education staff was the most common form of referral, accounting for around half of all referrals (51%).
- Females accounted for 63% or 7,251 of the 11,558 children and young people who received counselling, compared to only 37% of males.
- Nearly three quarters of all children and young people who received counselling were between the Year 8 and Year 11 age groups in 2016/17.
- Family issues were the most common form of issue for children and young people who received counselling.
- 85% of children and young people did not require onward referral after completion of counselling sessions.
Counselling for children and young people, September 2016 to August 2017 , file type: PDF, file size: 650 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5060
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.