Information on assessments of need for care and support plans for children for April 2017 to March 2018.
- 48,069 assessments(1)(2)(3) of need for care and support for children were undertaken, which led to the provision of 8,731 care and support plans(1)(2)(3)(4).
- 827 assessments of need for support for young carers were undertaken, which led to the provision of 615 support plans for young carers. (1)(3)(5)
- 30,628 care and support plans and support plans were reviewed, of which 27,451 (90%) were within timescales agreed by children and professionals. (1)(2)(3)(5)
(1) Caerphilly and Newport were only able to provide data up until the 13 February 2018 and 6 March 2018 respectively.
(2) Includes children in the secure estate.
(3) If a child has need for care and support and is also a young carer, the child may have an assessment of their need for care and support, and an assessment of their need for support as a young carer.
(4) Based on data provided by 20 local authorities..
(5) Based on data provided by 21 local authorities.
Children receiving care and support, April 2017 to March 2018 (experimental statistics)
file type: PDF, file size: 541 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 0058
Tel: 0300 025 8099