Symptoms of coronavirus are very similar to symptoms for other respiratory infection such as flu and include:
- a new continuous cough
- high temperature, fever or chills
- loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell
- shortness of breath
- unexplained tiredness, lack of energy
- muscle aches or pains that are not due to exercise
- not wanting to eat or not feeling hungry
- headache that is unusual or longer lasting than usual
- sore throat, stuffy or runny nose
- feeling sick or being sick
If you develop one of these symptoms, you should follow the guidance for people with symptoms of a respiratory infection.
The COVID-19 online symptom checker (on NHS 111 Wales) can tell you if you need medical help. Use the service if you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home or your condition gets worse. If you do not have internet access, call 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.