British Cattle Movement Service (BCMS) is making temporary changes to the way you request passport amendments. This is due to the coronavirus pandemic.
What you should do
Do not send passport amendments to BCMS by post, if possible. If you do so, there will be a delay in returning your updated passport to you.
It is important that you to double check the accuracy of your cattle applications. This will avoid requesting any amendments at a later date.
If you need to make a passport amendment, you should follow the guidance below:
- write on the passport the information that needs to be amended
- write ‘Cancelled’ in large bold letters across the front of the passport
- take a photo of the front and back page of the passport
- take a photo of your calving records, if the amendment is to the date of birth
- take a photo of your calving records, if it requires 3 or more amendments
- email the photo(s) to email@example.com. Use the subject title ‘Passport Amendment Request – CPH 00/000/0000’. This will make it easier for us to identify your request
- post the original passport to BCMS when you are able to do so
When BCMS receive your email, they will make the necessary amendment. You will then receive your updated passport in the post.
BCMS will contact you if they need further information.
How to contact us
If you need to contact BCMS, you can:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- use the CTS Online feedback option, or
- ring the helpline on 0345 050 3456
The helpline in open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. It is closed on weekends and bank holidays. All calls are charged at local rate.
Post your original passport to:
British Cattle Movement Service