As a solicitor or conveyancer, use this calculator to help work out the tax due on transactions if claiming multiple dwellings relief (MDR).
The relief can be claimed where a taxpayer buys more than one dwelling in Wales from the same seller either in a single transaction with the same effective date or in a number of linked transactions (multiple dwellings).
You’ll need to know:
- if main rates or higher rates of the tax apply
- the total purchase price for all dwellings
- the number of dwellings involved
Welsh Revenue Authority online service
For more complex cases, or if you're uncertain how the tax or relief applies:
- use our MDR technical guidance
- watch our short explainer videos on calculating with MDR
- you can contact us