- Jeremy Miles AM (Chair)
- Rt Hon. Mark Drakeford AM
- Lesley Griffiths AM
- Eluned Morgan AM
- Kirsty Williams AM
- Rebecca Evans AM
- Jane Hutt AM
- Lee Waters AM
- Des Clifford – Director General, Office of the First Minister
- Carys Evans – Principal Private Secretary to the First Minister
- Piers Bisson – Director, European Transition
- Simon Brindle – Director, Brexit Strategy
- Georgina Haarhoff – Deputy Director, European Transition (Policy)
- Diane Dunning – Deputy Director Legal Services
- Toby Mason – Head of Strategic Communications
- Gareth Williams – Special Adviser
- Andrew Johnson – Special Adviser
- Tom Woodward – Special Adviser
- Damian Roche – Cabinet, Plenary and Committee Secretariat (minutes)
- Sophie Jones – Cabinet Secretariat
- Andrew Jeffreys – Director Welsh Treasury
- Reg Kilpatrick – Director Local Government
- Liz Lalley – Deputy Director, European Transition (Preparedness)
- Ed Sherriff – Deputy Director, European Transition (Negotiations)
- Leon Griffiths – Head of Communications, European Transition
- Tom Nicholls – Economic Adviser
- Peredur John – European Transition team
- Ken Skates AM
Item 1: Minutes of the previous meeting
1.1. The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.
Item 2: Update on developments
2.1 The Counsel General and Brexit Minister updated the Sub-Committee on the latest developments in Westminster.
2.2 The First Minister had met separately with the Prime Minister and the Scottish First Minister on Wednesday 3 April, in addition to attending the Shadow Cabinet.
Item 3: Welsh Government no deal action
3.1 The Counsel General and Brexit Minister advised the Sub-Committee on the importance of continuing to keep under review actions within their portfolios.
Item 3a: Funding considerations in the event of a no deal Brexit
3.2 The Minister for Finance and Trefnydd introduced the paper, which had been divided into 3 sections: setting out available funds; costing of Welsh Government actions; and the criteria for funding any interventions in the event of a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
3.3 The Sub-Committee noted the paper.
Item 4: Next phase of negotiations in the UKs withdrawal from the EU
4.1 The Counsel General and Brexit Minister introduced the paper, which outlined the future role that the government expected to take in the next phase of the UK’s negotiations on withdrawal from the EU.
4.2 Following repeated demands for a more enhanced role in the negotiations, work had been progressed by the 4 administrations to seek to enable the devolved administrations to play a greater role in the next phase.
4.3 The Cabinet Sub-Committee on EU Transition would retain its strategic coordination and guidance role.
4.4 The Sub-Committee agreed the paper.