- Rt. Hon. Mark Drakeford AM, First Minister
- Rebecca Evans AM
- Vaughan Gething AM
- Lesley Griffiths AM
- Julie James AM
- Kirsty Williams AM
- Jeremy Miles AM
- Eluned Morgan AM
- Ken Skates AM (via teleconference)
- Jane Hutt AM
- Hannah Blythyn AM
- Julie Morgan AM
- Lee Waters AM
- Carys Evans, Principal Private Secretary to the First Minister
- Will Whiteley, Head of Cabinet Division
- Toby Mason, Head of Strategic Communications
- Jane Runeckles, Special Adviser
- Alex Bevan, Special Adviser
- Dan Butler, Special Adviser
- Paul Griffiths, Special Adviser
- Clare Jenkins, Special Adviser
- Andrew Johnson, Special Adviser
- Tom Woodward, Special Adviser
- Damian Roche, Cabinet Secretariat (minutes)
Dafydd Elis Thomas AM
Item 1: Publication of the Draft Budget
1.1 The First Minister informed Cabinet that he had called the meeting to decide whether to postpone the publication of the Draft Budget until after the outcome of the UK General Election in December.
1.2 Cabinet agreed, on balance, to delay the publication of the Budget until Monday 16th December, but indicated that it would be important to consider what support could be offered to Local Government, particularly given their duty to consult on their budgets.
1.3 Ministers confirmed that the Local Government settlement should be published the same day as the Draft Budget, but there would be a need to ensure that the documentation provided greater clarity on individual grants.
1.4 In terms of the revised Budget timetable, there would be a debate on an oral statement on the Draft Budget on 7th January, with the debate scheduled for 4th February. Cabinet would consider the final Budget in week commencing 10th February and it would be published on 25th February, with the debate on the final Budget taking place on 3rd March, followed by a debate on the Local Government settlement the following day.
1.5 Cabinet agreed that officials should take the Budget forward in line with the discussion.