- Rt. Hon. Mark Drakeford MS (Chair)
- Vaughan Gething MS
Via video link
- Rebecca Evans MS
- Lesley Griffiths MS
- Julie James MS
- Eluned Morgan MS
- Ken Skates MS
- Kirsty Williams MS
- Jeremy Miles MS
- Jane Hutt MS
- Hannah Blythyn MS
- Julie Morgan MS
- Lee Waters MS
- Dafydd Elis Thomas MS
- Shan Morgan, Permanent Secretary (via video link)
- Des Clifford, Director General Office of the First Minister
- Will Whiteley, Head of Cabinet Division
- Carys Evans, Principal Private Secretary First Minister
- Jane Runeckles, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Dan Butler, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Ian Butler, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Sara Faye, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Paul Griffiths, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Clare Jenkins, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Andrew Johnson, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Mitch Theaker, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Gareth Williams, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Tom Woodward, Special Adviser (via video link)
- Christopher W Morgan, Cabinet Secretariat (minutes)
- Damian Roche, Cabinet Secretariat
- Jonathan Scourfield, Specialist Policy Adviser (via video link)
- Dewi Knight, Specialist Policy Adviser (via video link)
- Andrew Goodall, Director General Health (via video link)
- Andrew Slade, Director General, ESNR (via video link)
- Tracey Burke, Director General Education and Public Services (via video link)
- Andrew Jeffreys, Director Welsh Treasury (via video link)
- Simon Brindle, Director COVID-19 team (via video link)
- Liz Lalley, COVID-19 team (via video link)
- Peter McDonald, COVID-19 team (via video link)
- Sioned Evans, Director Business and Regions (via video link)
- Emma Watkins, Deputy Director, Economic Policy (via video link)
- John Howells, Director of Climate Change, Energy and Planning (via video link)
- Christine Wheeler, Head of Decarbonisation and Energy (via video link)
- Jo Trott, COVID-19 team (via video link)
Item 1: Minutes of the previous meeting
- Cabinet approved the minutes of 15 June.
Item 2: First Minister’s items
- The First Minister informed Cabinet that he had met with the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster on Friday, and there would be a further meeting the following morning.
Item 3: Senedd business
- Cabinet noted the Plenary Grid.
Item 4: Climate emergency, resilience and net zero
- The Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs introduced the paper, which provided Cabinet with an update on the proposed cross Government climate change programme over the next 2 years and set out the risks, issues, opportunities and actions that would be required, particularly in the context of COVID-19.
- It had been a year since a climate emergency was declared in Wales and in November 2021 the Welsh Government’s Low Carbon Plan would be published to coincide with the 26th UN Climate Change Conference, which is being held in Glasgow.
- The approach to developing a credible and serious Low Carbon Delivery plan would determine the influence over the social justice impacts of the transition to net-zero. Likewise, the recovery plan for COVID-19 would have a powerful influence over climate change commitments.
- It was noted that the findings from the annual report of the UK Committee on Climate Change, which was being presented to the UK Parliament later that week, would influence the Welsh Government’s work to build a programme of policies and actions to maximise impact.
- Cabinet approved the paper.