Access funding to undertake building safety related surveys.
The building remediation fund allows Responsible Persons the opportunity to get funding to carry out building safety related surveys. These surveys can be used to produce Building Remediation Passports.
Establishing a consistent and high quality approach to surveying buildings will help to:
- understand the scale of issues
- provide balanced advice on options for any support for remediation
- prioritise next steps on a risk basis
- plan and support work to address capacity issues in the sector
- provide clarity to residents and building owners
The Building Remediation Passport will provide funding for surveys to check various safety risks of a building.
The first stage of this process is to complete an expression of interest form which:
- gives applicants an opportunity to submit information about their building
- helps us to understand demand for future funding, to identify and remediate the safety of high rise buildings
The first round of the Building Remediation Passport expression of interest opens on the 30 September 2021 and closes on 31 December 2021. Dates of future rounds will be announce at a later date.
Before completing the expression of interest form, read the guidance notes.