21 June 2022
Thank you for your request which I received on 19 May 2022. You asked for the following information:
- The percentage of your current workforce that are bilingual English/Welsh.
- The percentage of your current workforce that are registered disabled.
Staff undertake a self-assessment to record whether they have a range of bilingual skills, with a scoring system ranging from 0 for no skills through to 5 for fluent. The percentage of staff who recorded a score of 3 or above on this scale at the end of May 2022 was 24.2%.
In respect of the number of staff who are registered disabled, this information can be found in the Welsh Government’s published Annual Equality Report:
The request you sent me contains personal information about you - for example, your name and address. The Welsh Government will be the controller for this information and, in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation, it will be processed in order to fulfil our public task and meet our legal obligations under the Act to provide you with a response. We will only use this personal information to deal with your request and any matters which arise as a result of it. We will keep your personal information and all other information relating to your request for three years from the date on which your request is finally closed. Your personal information will then be disposed of securely.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed of the personal data we hold about you and to access it
- to require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to (in certain circumstances) data portability
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit
or e-mail: Freedom.email@example.com
Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.