15 June 2022
Request for Information – ATISN 16331
I wrote to you on 27 May regarding your request for information.
You asked for the following information –
- When did the Welsh Government buy Gilestone Farm, Talybont on Usk, LD3 7JE; Land Registry title number CYM515641?
- How much did Welsh Government pay for this property?
- Why has the Welsh Government entered into an agreement with Fiona Stewart and the Green Man Festival for Ms Stewart and others to run this expensive piece of real estate - paid for with Welsh public money?
- What exactly is the agreement entered into with Ms Stewart et al?
- Was there an open tendering process for the renting or leasing of this property, or was it a 'done deal' and the property bought specifically for Ms Stewart and her associates?
I can confirm that we hold some information in relation to your response.
- March 2022.
- The purchase price was £4.25m (no VAT to be charged).
- WG have not entered into an agreement with Fiona Stewart and the Green Man Festival.
- Please see question 3.
- There was no open tendering process and the purchase was made by the Welsh Government for economic development purposes.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.