23 February 2022
ATISN 16093 – Hospitality Grants
Thank you for your request which I received on 17 February 2022.
I wrote to you on 18 February regarding your request for information.
- The information that I would like to know is how much of the budget for the covid emergency fund for businesses is remaining?
- How much has been spent directly in the hospitality sector?
- Also has this money been spent anywhere other than Welsh businesses?
I can confirm that the recent budget for Covid emergency business support was allocated under 3 grants:
- Non-domestic rates linked grants, administered by local authorities.
- Emergency Business Fund grant (predominantly to those businesses with turnover less than £85,000 per annum), administered by local authorities.
- Economic Resilience Fund (ERF) December-January grants, administered by the Welsh Government.
The 3 schemes are now closed to new applicants. However all 3 elements are still live and currently being administered.
Some of the budget allocation is captured by your request and we expect to publish details of the funding awarded and the sector breakdown of the ERF on the Business Wales website Supporting businesses in Wales | Business Wales (gov.wales) in the future (some previous phases of the ERF have already been published).
I can confirm that the emergency business support funding is awarded to businesses who meet the specific fund criteria including being located in Wales.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at: Information Rights Unit, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ or Email: Freedom.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.