Includes data by region of domicile, programme type, age group, sector, gender and academic year.
2017/18 Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 data is now final.
- There were 8,270 apprenticeship learning programmes started in 2017/18 Q4 compared to 6,270 in 2016/17 Q4, an increase of 32%.
- In 2017/18 Q4, Healthcare and Public Services was the most popular broad sector consisting of 38% of all apprenticeship learning programmes started, compared to 40% in Q4 the previous year.
- In 2017/18 Q4, 65% and 35% of the apprenticeship learning programmes were started by females and males respectively, compared to 67% and 33% in Q4 the previous year.
- 31,360 apprenticeship learning programmes were started in 2017/18, an increase of 30% compared to 2016/17.
- A more rigorous measure which takes account of early drop outs (within first 8 weeks) and transfers between apprenticeships records 27,795 learning programmes started in 2017/18 and 56,635 since the target of 100,000 apprenticeships was introduced.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 0346
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.