How to apply for a repayment holiday on the interest payments of your loan agreement.
You can ask to pause paying the interest on your Equity Share loan agreement for up to three months.
You must send your request to Help Buy-Wales by 30 June 2020. Your monthly interest payments (up to three months) will be suspended after we receive your request.
How to apply
Things you need to know
- The repayment holiday only applies to payments due during the period requested. It also applies to payments due after receiving and processing your request.
- You will still pay the £1 monthly management fee by direct debit.
- The terms of your loan agreement are not affected by this agreement. The unpaid sums would be ‘arrears’.
- We will not force you to pay these arrears, if you continue to follow all the other terms in your loan agreement. You can defer these payments and repay it when you make repayment or part repayment of the loan itself.
- By law we have to send you ‘arrears’ notices’ (Those with loan agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974).
- The repayment holiday will not be made public or affect your credit history.
- You can repay these arrears earlier, please contact us.