Summary of what you must do and what is open at very high risk alert level 4.
What you must do at alert level 4
At alert level 4 you must:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Stay at home.
- Not create an extended household (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens.
- Meet only your household or support bubble outdoors.
- Outdoor exercise with household, support bubble, or with people from one other household, as long as the total number of people exercising is no more than 4 (excluding any carers or children under 11 from either of those households).
- Work from home if you can.
- Not travel without reasonable excuse.
- Not travel internationally without reasonable excuse.
What can open at alert level 4
- Schools, colleges and childcare providers (informal childcare should be essential only).
- Higher Education Institutions (mix of in-person and remote learning).
- Places of worship.
- Community centres - limited opening (for example, for essential public services).
- Playgrounds and public parks
- Weddings, in venues that are allowed to be open, and funerals (ceremony limit set by venue).
What must be closed at alert level 4
- Venues for events and conferences
- Theatres and concert halls
- Indoor and outdoor visitor attractions
- Entertainment venue
- Wedding reception or wake
- Sport courts, golf courses
- Leisure and fitness facilities
- Outdoor visitor attractions
- Holiday accommodation (open only if essential only, for example for work or other reasons)
- Hospitality (except for takeaway and delivery)
- Close contact services
- Non-essential retail (click and collect allowed)
- Licensed premises. Takeaway and delivery only between 6am and 10pm
- Libraries and archive services (click and collect only)
- Organised activities limited to public and voluntary services
- Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues