Summary of what you must do and what is open at high risk alert level 3.
What you must do at alert level 3
At alert level 3 you must:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your exclusive extended household.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Only form an extended household with no more than 1 other household and they should stay the same.
- Not meet with anyone in a private home other than those you live with or your extended household.
- Meet no more than 3 other people indoors in a cafe, restaurant or other open premises.
- Meet only your extended household in private gardens.
- Meet no more than 3 other people outdoors (unless with extended household of a larger number).
- Work from home if you can.
- Not travel to areas of high prevalence without reasonable excuse.
- Avoid travel to areas of low prevalence and international travel.
What can open at alert level 3
- Schools, colleges and childcare providers.
- Higher Education Institutions (mix of in-person and remote learning).
- Licenced premises - sales only (alcohol cannot be drunk on the premises, only taken away). Hospitality businesses close at 6pm, off licenses to stop selling alcohol at 10pm.
- Non-essential retail.
- Close contact services.
- Hospitality (no alcohol for consumption on premises. Open between 6am and 6pm, and for takeaway after 6pm).
- Holiday accommodation.
- Leisure and fitness facilities.
- Places of worship.
- Community centres.
- Libraries and archive services.
- Sport courts, golf courses.
- Playgrounds and public parks.
- Organised indoor activities (up to 15 people).
- Organised outdoor activities (up to 30 people).
- International Travel.
- Weddings in venues that are allowed to be open, and funerals (ceremony limit set by venue).
- Wedding reception or wakes, in venues that are allowed to be open, (15 people indoors, 30 outdoors).
What must be closed at alert level 3
- Venues for events and conferences.
- Theatres and concert halls.
- Indoor and outdoor visitor attractions.
- Entertainment venues.
- Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues.