Assadaqaat Community Finance (ACF) UK
Akmal Hanuk is Founder and Chief Executive of Assadaqaat Community Finance (ACF) UK. He has lived in Cardiff for 20 years, is well travelled and holds senior management positions for local, national and international corporate bodies and organisations.
- He is currently a Member of the Valleys Ministerial Taskforce, chaired by the Deputy Minister for Economy and Transport at Welsh Government.
- Independent Member – Community, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board – NHS, Cardiff.
- Independent Member Welsh Water, Glas Cymru Holdings Cyfyngedig.
- Member Expert Panel, Supporting Entrepreneurial Women in Wales, Business Wales Strategy Board.
- University Business Tutor at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, and School of Management at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- A Guest Lecturer and Keynote Speaker on Entrepreneurship, Business Strategy, Islamic Finance, Corporate Governance and Standards & Ethics in Public Life at leading academic institutions, national and international seminars, conferences and conventions.
- He has been the Chair and Independent Member of Cardiff Council’s Standards and Ethics Committee for 8 years, and been the Vice Chair of the Wales Refugee Council.
- He was co-founder and Programme Director of the Ethnic Business Support Programme, a Welsh Government Initiative to encourage enterprise among communities offering access to business and financial support to the members of all communities in Wales.