Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Welsh-language technology and digital media action plan
It is important that speakers can access technology which supports and facilitates the use of Welsh in every aspect of life. To achieve this, the Welsh Government has developed an action plan with the aim of ensuring that there are more resources available to support the use of Welsh in the digital environment.
The action plan sets out the Welsh Government’s commitment to drive developments in the field of Welsh-language technology and digital media. Our aims are:
- to increase the use of Welsh language software, online services, content creation tools and digital content
- more products and services provided by the main technology companies available in Welsh
- third party Welsh language digital content available and easily accessible via the distribution channels of the main technology companies
- more Welsh language content available and used online, including blogs, videos, social networking websites and local news
- more Welsh speakers using digital Welsh language productivity tools in the workplace
- an increase in the use of public services available digitally through the medium of Welsh.
Welsh-language technology and digital media fund
The Welsh Government has also launched a Welsh-language Technology and Digital Media Fund to support the implementation of the action plan.
The Fund will include:
a procurement programme:
a series of procurement exercises to help deliver the action points set out in the Welsh-language Technology and Digital Media plan
a grant scheme
to award grants on an annual basis. The scheme will focus on funding new Welsh-medium software applications, infrastructure projects to support the development of Welsh language digital services – and initiatives to raise awareness of Welsh language technology and digital content.