UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Welsh Language Strategy: statement on taking forward our proposals
We consulted on 'A living language: a language for living', the Welsh Assembly Government’s draft strategy for the Welsh language, between 13 December 2010 and 4 February 2011.
The consultation generated a hugely encouraging response from around 130 organisations and individuals. We would like to thank all those who took the time to respond.
It is clear from the responses that there is wide-ranging support for the strategy, and a strong and continued commitment to promoting and facilitating the use of Welsh.
We set out, in this statement, specific actions for the coming year and outline how we propose to respond to some of the key issues discussed in our consultation.The responses to the consultation are available on our consultation page.