Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pethau Bychain - do the ‘little things' in Welsh
Opportunities to share and promote simple ideas we can all do to increase the use of Welsh in our daily lives.
We want to see the Welsh language thrive. Therefore, we are developing new approaches to promote greater use of the language. One of the key elements of this is a new long-term behaviour change campaign called #PethauBychain.
The campaign is inspired by a famous phrase from our patron saint, St David - 'Gwnewch y pethau bychain. Do the little things'. The campaign aims to encourage people across the country to share suggestions on how we can all make small changes to increase the everyday use of Cymraeg.
Live, learn and enjoy in Cymraeg
There are many different ways that you can support #PethauBychain.
Different ways to use the language in your everyday lives can include:
- Texting and using social media in Welsh
- Choosing the Cymraeg option when withdrawing money at a cashpoint
- Changing your phone, tablet or computer settings to Cymraeg
You can improve the language skills of you/your family by:
- Choosing Welsh or bilingual education for your child
- Taking a refresher course in written or spoken Welsh
- Wearing a Cymraeg badge to show customers that a bilingual service is available
Celebrate Cymraeg everyday by:
- Visiting one of the many Welsh language festivals across the country
- Downloading or purchasing a new Cymraeg novel or app?
- Supporting Welsh businesses - buy Welsh goods and produce for your home.
By using the hashtag #PethauBychain, you can show your support for the campaign on the following channels:
Join in by downloading you own #PethauBychain Selfie Board or Suggestion Board.