Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A living language: a language for living – Moving forward
This policy statement builds on the foundations of our strategy, A living language: a language for living, and sets out our policy objectives for the Welsh language for the next three years.
It incorporates many of the suggestions raised during Gynhadledd Fawr. It also takes into consideration various reviews and reports commissioned on the Welsh language over the last 2 years.
The policy statement aims to:
- make the language a normal part of every day life
- challenge ourselves as a Government, the wider public sector, business, the third sector and individuals to promote the language
- change linguistic habits using behaviour change techniques from other fields
- encourage organisations to take more responsibility for the language, plan better and more strategically, and invest in the language
- increase our investment in the bodies that promote use of Welsh in the community
- recognise that developing the language goes hand in hand with economic development, and investing specific programmes to support that
- to ensure the Welsh language is an integral part of technological and digital developments.
A living language: a language for living – moving forward (File size: 3.3MB)