Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A living language: a language for living - Welsh language strategy 2012 to 2017
This is the strategy for the promotion and facilitation of the use of Welsh language in everyday life.
Our vision is to see the Welsh language thriving in Wales. To achieve that, the strategy aims to see an increase in the number of people who both speak and use the language. Our six aims are:
- to encourage and support the use of the Welsh language within families
- to increase the provision of Welsh-medium activities for children and young people and to increase their awareness of the value of the language
- to strengthen the position of the Welsh language in the community
- to increase opportunities for people to use Welsh in the workplace
- to improve Welsh language services to citizens
- to strengthen the infrastructure for the language, including digital technology.
The strategy also emphasises the importance of our Welsh-medium Education Strategy as an essential component in producing the Welsh speakers of the future - alongside encouraging the use of the language in families.
The document can be downloaded via the publications page.