Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A living language: a language for living - Welsh language strategy 2012 to 2017
This is the strategy for the promotion and facilitation of the use of Welsh language in everyday life.
Our vision is to see the Welsh language thriving in Wales. To achieve that, the strategy aims to see an increase in the number of people who both speak and use the language. Our six aims are:
- to encourage and support the use of the Welsh language within families
- to increase the provision of Welsh-medium activities for children and young people and to increase their awareness of the value of the language
- to strengthen the position of the Welsh language in the community
- to increase opportunities for people to use Welsh in the workplace
- to improve Welsh language services to citizens
- to strengthen the infrastructure for the language, including digital technology.
The strategy also emphasises the importance of our Welsh-medium Education Strategy as an essential component in producing the Welsh speakers of the future - alongside encouraging the use of the language in families.
The document can be downloaded via the publications page.