Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
The report also shows that fewer people are suffering from heart disease, are being treated quicker, and more lives are being saved through early diagnosis.
- Consultation on National Strategy to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Kirsty Williams congratulates A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate students
- Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A living language: a language for living - Welsh language strategy 2012 to 2017
This is the strategy for the promotion and facilitation of the use of Welsh language in everyday life.
Our vision is to see the Welsh language thriving in Wales. To achieve that, the strategy aims to see an increase in the number of people who both speak and use the language. Our six aims are:
- to encourage and support the use of the Welsh language within families
- to increase the provision of Welsh-medium activities for children and young people and to increase their awareness of the value of the language
- to strengthen the position of the Welsh language in the community
- to increase opportunities for people to use Welsh in the workplace
- to improve Welsh language services to citizens
- to strengthen the infrastructure for the language, including digital technology.
The strategy also emphasises the importance of our Welsh-medium Education Strategy as an essential component in producing the Welsh speakers of the future - alongside encouraging the use of the language in families.
The document can be downloaded via the publications page.