Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
Universities in Wales and Ireland are joining forces to investigate how coastal defences and renewable energy schemes can be improved by more eco-friendly designs.
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
3rd Menai Crossing
We are looking to build a 3rd bridge over the Menai Strait.
Project status: planned
Region/county: north Wales (Gwynedd/Anglesey)
Start date: 2020/2021
End date: 2020/2023
Cost: over £130m dependant on option selected
Design Consultants: not appointed
Why we are doing it
The aims of the scheme are to:
- improve capacity, reliability and journey times
- improve network resilience
- improve opportunities for non motorised users
- improve safety.
A Strategic Outline Business case was completed in Spring 2016 which confirmed the need for a 3rd Menai Crossing
We are currently procuring consultants to undertake a route selection study with a view to selecting a preferred route for the crossing.
Announcement of preferred route: Summer 2018