“Far more than just a transport scheme” - First Minister makes the case for South Wales Metro on Brussels visit
The Metro is a catalyst for transforming the Welsh economy.
- Carl Sargeant confirms continued support for Flying Start and Families First
- Rural Affairs Secretary declares Prevention Zone to help protect poultry from Avian Flu in Europe.
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “Far more than just a transport scheme” - First Minister makes the case for South Wales Metro on Brussels visit
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The plan sets out our investment for transport and services that we are responsible for.
We are improving major trunk roads around Wales.
These are major projects to improve travel across Wales, particularly at major "pinch points" where congestion can be a big problem. By improving these roads we aim to:
- improve journey times on our major trunk roads
- improve the safety of the road network of all users
- provide a more efficient network less prone to congestion
- develop the most appropriate and sustainable solutions to transport issues.