Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local Safety Schemes
The ‘Guidelines for the Submission of Road Safety Schemes’ document produced by Halcrow for the Trunk Road Agents promotes consistency in developing road safety schemes and presenting the proposals to the Welsh Government. It includes a mechanism by which the developed schemes can be prioritised to ensure that those providing the greatest benefits are promoted.
Specifically, the document contains a methodical approach to:
- Identifying routes and sites and establishing a site priority listing (i.e. those sites that will become the subject of formal investigation and report);
- Site investigation and conflict studies;
- Consistency in preparing bid submissions; and
- Prioritising road safety schemes.
All schemes are selected and developed using evidence-based decision making and a value for money approach.
Bids for the implementation of potential safety schemes are then submitted on an annual basis for consideration by the Welsh Government.