Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local Safety Schemes
The ‘Guidelines for the Submission of Road Safety Schemes’ document produced by Halcrow for the Trunk Road Agents promotes consistency in developing road safety schemes and presenting the proposals to the Welsh Government. It includes a mechanism by which the developed schemes can be prioritised to ensure that those providing the greatest benefits are promoted.
Specifically, the document contains a methodical approach to:
- Identifying routes and sites and establishing a site priority listing (i.e. those sites that will become the subject of formal investigation and report);
- Site investigation and conflict studies;
- Consistency in preparing bid submissions; and
- Prioritising road safety schemes.
All schemes are selected and developed using evidence-based decision making and a value for money approach.
Bids for the implementation of potential safety schemes are then submitted on an annual basis for consideration by the Welsh Government.