Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the code of practice in relation to measuring the performance of social services.
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales
Find out the status of all Interim Advice Notes (IANs) in Wales here, including those issued by the Highways Agency not adopted in Wales.
Published Wales Only Versions
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) published for use in Wales listed below are available by selecting ‘Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes (IANs)’ on the left hand side of this page.
Not Adopted in Wales (England Only)
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) listed below are currently not adopted in full in Wales:
- IAN 135/10 - Landscape and Visual Effects Assessment
- IAN 133/10 - Environmental Assessment and the Planning Act 2008
- IAN 130/10 - Ecology and Nature Conservation: Criteria for Impact Assessment
- IAN 114/08 - Highways Agency Carbon Calculation and Reporting Requirements.
- IAN 84/10 - Environmental Information System (EnvIS).
- IAN 109/08 – Advice Regarding the Motorway Signal Mark 4 (MS4)
- IAN 107/08 – Variable Demand Modelling as part of a Transport Assessment for the Highways Agency
- IAN 106/08 – Guidance Note for the Traffic Consultants Employed on Highways Agency Schemes
- IAN 104/07 – The Anchorage of Reinforcement & Fixings in Hardened Concrete
- IAN 103/08 – Ramp Metering
- IAN 100/07 – Cultural Heritage Asset Management Plans
- IAN 99/07 – Implementation of Local Grid Referencing System for England
- IAN 98/07 – HD 28 – Guidance for HA Service Providers on Implementing the Skid Resistance Policy
- IAN 93/07 – Driver Location Signs – Interim Performance Specification
- IAN 90/07 – Guidance for the Use of Rapid Setting Emergency Repair Materials
- IAN 84/07 – Environmental Information System (EnvIS)
- IAN 75/06 – Code of Practice for Emergency Access to and Egress from the Trunk Road Network in England
- IAN 67/05 – Structures Management Information System (SMIS) – The operational use of SMIS
- IAN 62/05 – Management of Highway Structures Handover and Related Inspections
- IAN 60/05 – The Introduction of a New Highways Agency Policy for the Performance Requirements for Central Reserve Safety Barriers on Motorways.
- IAN 51/03 – Hinge Deck Structures
- IAN 42/02 – Traffic Speed Condition Surveys: Revised Assessment Criteria
- IAN 39/01 – Post Opening Project Appraisal (POPE)
- IAN 36/01 – The Use and Application of Micro-Simulation Traffic Models
- IAN 22 – Corrosion Protection Systems for Lighting Columns and Bridge Bearings
- IAN 21 – Safety Fence Amendments
- IAN 20 – Parapets
- IAN 19 – Parapets, Appendix C-BBA Certificate
- IAN 18 - Parapets
IAN 17 – Motorway Communications Clause 1530 & Guidance Note 1530
Partially Adopted in Wales
Currently there are no partially adopted IANs in Wales.