Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Interim Advice Notes Status in Wales
Find out the status of all Interim Advice Notes (IANs) in Wales here, including those issued by the Highways Agency not adopted in Wales.
Published Wales Only Versions
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) published for use in Wales listed below are available by selecting ‘Published Wales Only Interim Advice Notes (IANs)’ on the left hand side of this page.
Not Adopted in Wales (England Only)
The Interim Advice Notes (IANs) listed below are currently not adopted in full in Wales:
- IAN 135/10 - Landscape and Visual Effects Assessment
- IAN 133/10 - Environmental Assessment and the Planning Act 2008
- IAN 130/10 - Ecology and Nature Conservation: Criteria for Impact Assessment
- IAN 114/08 - Highways Agency Carbon Calculation and Reporting Requirements.
- IAN 84/10 - Environmental Information System (EnvIS).
- IAN 109/08 – Advice Regarding the Motorway Signal Mark 4 (MS4)
- IAN 107/08 – Variable Demand Modelling as part of a Transport Assessment for the Highways Agency
- IAN 106/08 – Guidance Note for the Traffic Consultants Employed on Highways Agency Schemes
- IAN 104/07 – The Anchorage of Reinforcement & Fixings in Hardened Concrete
- IAN 103/08 – Ramp Metering
- IAN 100/07 – Cultural Heritage Asset Management Plans
- IAN 99/07 – Implementation of Local Grid Referencing System for England
- IAN 98/07 – HD 28 – Guidance for HA Service Providers on Implementing the Skid Resistance Policy
- IAN 93/07 – Driver Location Signs – Interim Performance Specification
- IAN 90/07 – Guidance for the Use of Rapid Setting Emergency Repair Materials
- IAN 84/07 – Environmental Information System (EnvIS)
- IAN 75/06 – Code of Practice for Emergency Access to and Egress from the Trunk Road Network in England
- IAN 67/05 – Structures Management Information System (SMIS) – The operational use of SMIS
- IAN 62/05 – Management of Highway Structures Handover and Related Inspections
- IAN 60/05 – The Introduction of a New Highways Agency Policy for the Performance Requirements for Central Reserve Safety Barriers on Motorways.
- IAN 51/03 – Hinge Deck Structures
- IAN 42/02 – Traffic Speed Condition Surveys: Revised Assessment Criteria
- IAN 39/01 – Post Opening Project Appraisal (POPE)
- IAN 36/01 – The Use and Application of Micro-Simulation Traffic Models
- IAN 22 – Corrosion Protection Systems for Lighting Columns and Bridge Bearings
- IAN 21 – Safety Fence Amendments
- IAN 20 – Parapets
- IAN 19 – Parapets, Appendix C-BBA Certificate
- IAN 18 - Parapets
IAN 17 – Motorway Communications Clause 1530 & Guidance Note 1530
Partially Adopted in Wales
Currently there are no partially adopted IANs in Wales.