“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Roads and the environment
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
We are responsible for managing the effects of our motorway and trunk road network on the environment, while ensuring safety is the primary concern.
We do this through:
- identifying and assessing the environmental effects of our projects
- providing measures to reduce negative effects
- conserving and where possible enhancing the environmental features on our road network.
All our projects are compliant with UK and EU legislation, and use the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (external link) to help us design roads while keeping the effects on the environment in mind.