Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Roads and the environment
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
We are responsible for managing the effects of our motorway and trunk road network on the environment, while ensuring safety is the primary concern.
We do this through:
- identifying and assessing the environmental effects of our projects
- providing measures to reduce negative effects
- conserving and where possible enhancing the environmental features on our road network.
All our projects are compliant with UK and EU legislation, and use the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (external link) to help us design roads while keeping the effects on the environment in mind.