First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Roads and the environment
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
We are responsible for managing the effects of our motorway and trunk road network on the environment, while ensuring safety is the primary concern.
We do this through:
- identifying and assessing the environmental effects of our projects
- providing measures to reduce negative effects
- conserving and where possible enhancing the environmental features on our road network.
All our projects are compliant with UK and EU legislation, and use the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (external link) to help us design roads while keeping the effects on the environment in mind.