Metro Project ‘huge opportunity for Wales’ says transport industry
An ambitious plan for a transformative integrated transport system in South Wales will take another step forwards today, as the First Minister launches a publicity campaign for the new Metro system.
- Wales’ Health Minister calls on UK Government to ban fatty and sugary food adverts on TV before 9pm
- Caernarfon Castle to host Weeping Window poppy sculpture
- Metro Project ‘huge opportunity for Wales’ says transport industry
- Local Government Act 2000 Part III, Conduct of Local Government Members - Amendments to Subordinate Legislation
- Packaging Producer Responsibility Scheme
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
- Code of Practice on the Role of the Director of Social Services under Part 8 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) 2014 Act
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Delivery Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
What we are responsible for
We have a responsibility to reduce the harmful effects of our motorway and trunk road network.
We do this through:
- the operation and management of our motorway and trunk roads, and,
- our planning , design and construction procedures for new infrastructure.
How we protect the environment during road projects and works
In carrying out projects and works on our road network we seek to:
- Identify the main environmental effects and apply mitigation measures to projects and maintenance works. For significant road proposals we produce an Environmental Statement Non-technical Summary. These documents identify the main environmental effects and describe mitigation measures.
- Conserve and enhance environmental features on our road network. One way we carry out this work is through Environmental Initiatives. Further information about our initiatives is available by selecting ‘Environmental Initiatives’ on the left hand side of this page.
Encouraging best practice
We encourage best practice through:
- Providing advice and guidance on best practice. Advice and guidance are available on our 'Interim Advice Notes' page found on the left hand side of this page.
- Undertaking relevant research, examples can be found on our 'Research Reports' page found on the left hand side of this page.