Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The improvement and ongoing maintenance of roads can have positive and negative effects on the environment.
What we are responsible for
We have a responsibility to reduce the harmful effects of our motorway and trunk road network.
We do this through:
- the operation and management of our motorway and trunk roads, and,
- our planning , design and construction procedures for new infrastructure.
How we protect the environment during road projects and works
In carrying out projects and works on our road network we seek to:
- Identify the main environmental effects and apply mitigation measures to projects and maintenance works. For significant road proposals we produce an Environmental Statement Non-technical Summary. These documents identify the main environmental effects and describe mitigation measures.
- Conserve and enhance environmental features on our road network. One way we carry out this work is through Environmental Initiatives. Further information about our initiatives is available by selecting ‘Environmental Initiatives’ on the left hand side of this page.
Encouraging best practice
We encourage best practice through:
- Providing advice and guidance on best practice. Advice and guidance are available on our 'Interim Advice Notes' page found on the left hand side of this page.
- Undertaking relevant research, examples can be found on our 'Research Reports' page found on the left hand side of this page.