Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
A new £20m fund to support more than 1,600 disabled people in Wales with their care needs comes into operation today, following the closure of the Independent Living Fund (ILF) by the UK Government.
- Minister in Lyon to share lessons for Future Generations
- Transport Minister outlines Metro Phase Two plans
- Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
1 day left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We work closely with local government and other bodies to improve and maintain roads throughout Wales.
We are responsible for:
- constructing new roads and improving existing ones
- renewing roads, bridges and other structures
- the day to day maintenance, including winter maintenance.
Many transport projects and improvement schemes are carried out through the employment of consulting engineers, agent authorities and contractors.
We also look at the environmental impact of transport projects and monitor them carefully as we have a responsibility to safeguard the environment and its biodiversity.