Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
A remarkable family archive, containing an important series of letters by Arthur, 1st Duke of Wellington, to his brother William will be coming to Gwent, Economy Secretary, Ken Skates, has announced.
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- Chinese entrepreneur to open two new stores in Wales
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We work closely with local government and other bodies to improve and maintain roads throughout Wales.
We are responsible for:
- constructing new roads and improving existing ones
- renewing roads, bridges and other structures
- the day to day maintenance, including winter maintenance.
Many transport projects and improvement schemes are carried out through the employment of consulting engineers, agent authorities and contractors.
We also look at the environmental impact of transport projects and monitor them carefully as we have a responsibility to safeguard the environment and its biodiversity.