Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Tell us about your rail experience
If you have a complaint about the railway or the service you have received from a train company then you should complain directly.
Most complaints can be resolved in the first instance by dealing directly with the company responsible.
Rail passenger feedback
We want to seek people's opinions on services and stations to help us monitor quality and discuss improvements with train operators and Network Rail. Please fill in our form with your comments; it can be completed online or via the PDF form below.
- Online form (External link)
Please send your completed PDF form to: Rail Feedback, Welsh Government, Freepost NAT 8910, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3BR or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint or you do not feel the train company handled it appropriately you can contact Passenger Focus who will independently review your complaint and judge whether they feel it was handled fairly and appropriately.
Passenger Focus is an independent public body set up by the Government to protect the interests of Britain's rail passengers. The Department for Transport funds Passenger Focus but their independence is guaranteed by an act of Parliament.
To contact Passenger Focus
- Telephone: 0300 123 2350
- Fax: 0845 850 1392
- Email: email@example.com
PO BOX 4257
Their passenger helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 8am - 4pm weekends.