Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
The First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru, Leanne Wood have published a plan for Wales as the UK moves towards negotiations on leaving the European Union.
- Summit brings bus industry together
- New £36m fund to reduce infant class sizes and raise standards announced by Kirsty Williams
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Railways Act 2005 transferred most of the functions of the Strategic Rail Authority to the Secretary of State for Transport in the UK Government. The Act made provision for the National Assembly for Wales to be a joint signatory with the Secretary of State for Transport to the Wales and Borders Franchise for train services operating within Wales.
Under the Government of Wales Act, powers are conferred upon the Welsh Ministers. Under the Act the Welsh Government is able to:
- develop and fund infrastructure enhancement schemes
- develop new rail passenger services
- invest in improving the journey experience for rail users
- fund rail freight improvement schemes through Freight Facility Grant (FFG).