Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Railways Act 2005 transferred most of the functions of the Strategic Rail Authority to the Secretary of State for Transport in the UK Government. The Act made provision for the National Assembly for Wales to be a joint signatory with the Secretary of State for Transport to the Wales and Borders Franchise for train services operating within Wales.
Under the Government of Wales Act, powers are conferred upon the Welsh Ministers. Under the Act the Welsh Government is able to:
- develop and fund infrastructure enhancement schemes
- develop new rail passenger services
- invest in improving the journey experience for rail users
- fund rail freight improvement schemes through Freight Facility Grant (FFG).