Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The team is responsible for leading the delivery of strategic priorities identified in Partnership for Growth, the national tourism strategy.
The role of the Development department is to:
- Improve the quality of the visitor experience at the destination level by encouraging investment in new and existing tourism facilities and infrastructure to improve tourism’s competitive position.
- Develop strong and effective partnership working to ensure integrated activity, both spatially and sectorally, to deliver the marketing promise.
- Ensure that we secure a sustainable long term future for tourism by maximising the beneficial impacts of tourism and minimising any adverse environmental and community impacts.
- Aligning its spatial engagement in tourism with the wider regeneration agenda of the Welsh Government.
- Ensuring that tourism policy is aligned with wider Welsh Government policy.