Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The team is responsible for leading the delivery of strategic priorities identified in Partnership for Growth, the national tourism strategy.
The role of the Development department is to:
- Improve the quality of the visitor experience at the destination level by encouraging investment in new and existing tourism facilities and infrastructure to improve tourism’s competitive position.
- Develop strong and effective partnership working to ensure integrated activity, both spatially and sectorally, to deliver the marketing promise.
- Ensure that we secure a sustainable long term future for tourism by maximising the beneficial impacts of tourism and minimising any adverse environmental and community impacts.
- Aligning its spatial engagement in tourism with the wider regeneration agenda of the Welsh Government.
- Ensuring that tourism policy is aligned with wider Welsh Government policy.